November 27, 2011

They build buildings so tall these days



Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in the hustle & bustle of everyday life. The past few days of non-stop work, & (shameful) neglect of proper sleep/nutrition have left me exhausted & a little out of it. Thankfully my work is wonderfully understanding & I was able to go home sick from work today. 


What ensued was some much-needed wholesome food (delicious delicacies from Gorilla Food raw vegan cafe), some fresh air on a beautiful day, & some well-appointed laughter from seeing the latest Muppets movie. We also quickly popped into the quaintest used bookstore I've ever seen, MacLeod's (on the corner of Richards & West Pender). The very definition of organized chaos, this place is my idea of heaven - books floor to ceiling; shelves upon shelves; random stacks higher than me, just threatening to topple at any given moment…. delightful! 

Now I'm home & happily preparing for bed before 9pm. Thank goodness for the littlest things that make you feel so much better. 










I was wearing:
Military-style jacket - Zara
Peach cropped sweater - Vintage
Navy velvet skirt - American Apparel (new)
Lace-up oxfords - F21
Earmuffs - Burberry
Bag - H&M


It feels so good to finally get a new post in, however fashion-less it may seem. I've got some lovely new things to show you over the next few days & am also looking forward to getting in several outfit photoshoots - stay tuned :)

<3 Shawna

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love the bibliotheque !!! Cute pictures, makes me want to move again... cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first picture!!

    www.brooklynroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shoes and bag! Lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures my dear!!! I love your outfit to! :)

    Take care,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post love! I'm absolutely in love with your outfit, it's such a chic but effortless winter look. And I love MacLeod's! It's one of my favourite places in the city. The one thing I'm not crazy about is Gorilla's, I went there once and had the worst service, but I do keep hearing rave reviews about the food so maybe I should give it another shot! Glad you got some much-needed rest :)

    Alex xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love your earmuffs! too cute. also don't think the Regina Spektor reference is lost on this one! miss you xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those building! those lights!!! holiday is here:)love your checked ears, they are so cute:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit!
    Take a peek and follow my blog? ♥
    http://depxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! I read & respond to each & every comment - if you have a blog as well please leave the URL! :)