October 29, 2011

American Apparel X Lookbook DIY Halloween Contest

As soon as I saw this contest advertised on lookbook.nu two days ago, I was instantly excited. Halloween has always been one of my favourite holidays (close runner-up to Christmas, only because Christmas has a longer acceptable celebration-window) and I love everything that comes with it - making a great DIY costume, carving pumpkins, baking pumpkin muffins, watching Halloween movies (family-friendly in my scaredy-cat case ;)

Unfortunately this year I haven't been on my A-game. I've been so busy with work recently that I have nothing at all done. Which is why I'm dedicating today to Halloween fun. Pumpkins will be carved, vegan treats will be baked, and hopefully a new and lovely costume will be made - all whilst watching Casper & Hocus Pocus to get me in the spirit! 

In the meantime, I have submitted one of my costumes from last Halloween to the contest on Lookbook. Please hype if you like it! To see all entries, you can click here
 

I've never been one for the scary, blood & gore, axe through your head kind of Halloween - it's just not me. I do love being creative however, & this is one of my favourite costumes to date. I bought the blue American Apparel items knowing full well they would come in use long after Halloween had passed (bonus); went crazy with fish stickers & painted on a little face mask with some bright make-up & rhinestone fabric stickers. Add a sea-shell necklace, fishnet, cute aqua heels, & some plastic seaweed in the crimped hair (which is sadly not visible in this photo) - et voila!

Now I'm off to get my Halloweeny-day started. Have a wonderful Saturday lovely followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! I read & respond to each & every comment - if you have a blog as well please leave the URL! :)